Jaden Smith was crowned Miss Outstanding Teen New Mexico at the Spencer Theater in Ruidoso on June 22.
The Miss New Mexico Outstanding Teen Pageant is to provide an opportunity and encouragement for young teenage girls to pursue their talents, become positive role models to her peers, to serve their community by becoming involved in community service and to be young women of the highest character and integrity. The contestants will in engage in a formal interview which assists in developing communication skills and confidence. The young ladies will compete in an active wear competition which will focus on their physical fitness. Their poise and elegance will be demonstrated in the evening wear competition and their talents will be represented in a talent competition.
Girls may enter a local competition in their area so that they become familiar with the MAOT System. However, it is not required to win a local crown in order to participate at the State Pageant. Teens may enter and come directly to the State pageant scheduled for June 17-22, 2013 in Ruidoso as a contestant. Teens do have an entry fee at the state competition.
For pageant, local and state competition information, contact Carol Henry, Executive Director of the Miss New Mexico Scholarship Organization: (505) 430-5523 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Be at least thirteen (13) years of age and be no older than seventeen (17) years of age
• Be a United States citizen
• Be no more than a rising senior and still attending high school by the time of the national competition
• Have been a resident of the state in which she is competing for at least six (6) months prior to the first local or state competition
• Must reside in, be enrolled in, and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited public, private or home-schooling program, in the state which she intends to represent in the National Finals
• Never been convicted of a crime, does not have any criminal charges pending against her, and must be of good moral character
• Not use or consume alcohol or any illegal controlled dangerous substances
• Be judged in all phases of competition, which includes talent, active wear, evening wear and personal interview
Miss New Mexico Outstanding Teen Pageant is endorsed by and affiliated with the Miss New Mexico Scholarship Organization.